Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Building Your Volunteer Management Toolbox

February 20, 2020 – I registered for this seminar at Lakeland Community College.

“Managing volunteers can be complicated unless you have the right tools.  Learn the four key elements every volunteer program should have.  The session will be interactive and participants will walk away with resources and samples to begin building their toolbox to a successful volunteer program.

I was excited to sign up for this on many levels. This is the path I have chosen to take in trying to reinvent myself and actually, I don’t know, have a real career! What I would like to do is provide volunteer management services on a part time basis for as many organizations as possible. I believe in building the business I can do this while also maintaining my current income producing occupation. If I can get some traction and grow the thing, maybe I can move into this full time. Plus I will attempt to do so first as Kandi and then introduce myself along the way. Am I delusional? Maybe, but I have to give it a shot. You never know what you can or cannot do until you try. Hell, the thought of running a marathon just a few years back was ridiculous. Now I have three in the books and am ready to crush my next one in April (Boston?).

I wanted to make a strong initial impression, so I went very business-like in my outfit. This was my original outfit for the Go Red for Women event, but didn’t like that it wasn’t all red. I am a big fan of this wonderful CK blazer. The seminar started at 8:30 coming off an unusual three day workweek, which did not allow for much pre-prep. But that’s okay, a little coffee and off I went!

As usual, I was the first one there. There were about 30-35 people involved with this seminar and you know what? Every single one of us was a woman. And you know what? I was completely accepted and completely at ease for the entire morning. Me being me was an absolute nonissue.

Being dressed melted away and I just focused on the day. Everyone there was affiliated with a specific organization, I was the only one there on my own. The woman who was one of the leaders of the event, who manages hundreds of volunteers for so many different needs withing a metro park system was intrigued with my idea as she may be nearing retirement.

Time very well spent.

Here I am, headed up the stairs to call it a day. A great outfit, a good morning! Get out there ladies…… Reasons? Yes. Excuses? NO!



from Kandi's Land https://kandis328772669.wordpress.com/2020/02/25/building-your-volunteer-management-toolbox/
via IFTTTSidor som bodycontact

No comments:

Post a Comment