Thursday, October 29, 2020

American Woman

I couldn’t get The Guess Who out of my head all day…..

October 16, 2020 – Day three of a planned five day Kandi run. My face was starting to show the wear. I adore this t-shirt I picked up at the (yeah, again) NY&Co. liquidation sale. I went uber casual, sort of boho with this jacket I love, black skinny jeans and a great pair of boots.

I was looking forward to this day, a visit to the Rock Hall (hadn’t been there this year) and a very favorite evening out for Third Friday at 78th Street Studios. The day was a bit chilly, but very sunny. I mostly had the lakeshore to myself. I shot a bunch of pictures with mixed results.

Then I headed to the Rock Hall. It was very depressing. Because of the plague, half the place was cordoned off and the two new exhibits weren’t all that interesting to me. After 45 minutes, half of which was spent between the ladies room and the gift shop, I headed out for a bite to eat.

Me and Flea’s bass.

I stopped at a favorite bar for a slice of pizza and a beer. Broken record time, the place had stopped Happy Hours (many have) and the lovely plexiglass partitions made for a lonely meal. Another bummer.

Finally I went to Third Friday. Capacity was scaled back from over 1,500 to 300. Many, many of the art studios are out of business. The virus is awful. The government reaction, Federal, state, local, Democratic, Republican, all criminal. The economic carnage and the effects on lives and livelihoods is the real tragedy. Sorry, I am supposed to be positive and uplifting here…….

There were significant limitations on the number of vendors. It was nice to have quite a few people tell me they missed me (I hadn’t been in 2020). Even with a mask, I am apparently remembered and recognized (duh!). But again, it only took me about 45 minutes before I saw whatever was left to see and headed home saddened by the state of the world today. No complaints, we can all complain, each and every one of us. Life is simply difficult now, even when good things happen, they are significantly diminished.

But the day was beautiful. I liked my outfit but wasn’t thrilled with my overall presentation. Some days you nail it (see my last trip the day before to the art museum) and some days you are a bit off. Please don’t construe this post as a negative experience, it was not. Just another dose of reality these days. I ache for human interaction and it is hard to find. Even looking forward to the coming holidays, family time is either being cut way back or eliminated due to the hell we all are going through. I am looking for the light at the end of the tunnel but don’t seem to have even gotten into the tunnel yet.

Day four next week for what is planned to be a brief shopping trip.



from Kandi's Land https://kandis328772669.wordpress.com/2020/10/29/american-woman/
via IFTTTSidor som bodycontact

No comments:

Post a Comment