Thursday, November 12, 2020

Antiquing

October 30, 2020 – A few days back, my wife and I were doing some shopping for a remodeling project, on the other side of town. There I saw an antique mall!! That is what I call an outing destination, a frequent outing destination. So two days later, I made the drive again. Day two of a planned three day Kandi run.

This will not be a long story. The morning was busy, working out, grocery shopping for both us and my parents, a few other errands. Plus the dog was my constant companion (good because I love him and also a pain in the behind because I love our empty nest). I then got dressed knowing I would be masked the entire time out and that my outfit left very little skin exposed. That means quicker prep time.

I picked up this sweater recently at Piece Unique from the 90% off rack, so it was basically disposable. The rest of the outfit just fell together. As I have recently stated, I know the longer wig looks better, but this one is uber comfortable when out. The long wig is an enormous hassle, I am never really comfortable it it or any longer wig. I’ll live with my poor hair choices for a while anyway.

At the antique mall, I had a ball! There was so much to see and I just love browsing like that. My eyes light up at music related items, I get reminiscent seeing things from my youth. A pay phone! A rotary phone! A concert poster with tickets running $6! I could go on and on……

I finalized my Christmas shopping for one of the three people I give gifts to. I scored a few great beer glasses for myself and a wonderful old Brownie camera, circa before I was born, as I love tchotchkes like this.

But the best part was I got two framed Beatles photographs from their visit to Cleveland in 1966. One in a limo and one at their press conference. I also picked up a Beatles logo wall plaque. Score!!

This is all I ask for, a place to walk about, look at interesting things and maybe have a human interaction once in a while. I’m not asking too much, am I?

Two and a half hours door to door (the dog was happy about that), a great outing on a crappy weather day.

Supper Club tonight!!!!!!



from Kandi's Land https://kandis328772669.wordpress.com/2020/11/12/antiquing/
via IFTTTSidor som bodycontact

No comments:

Post a Comment