Friday, November 13, 2020

Putting Things On vs. Wearing Things

There is a difference, a rather significant difference. Prior to my self-acceptance, I put on various articles of woman’s clothing. Some ill fitting lingerie and a too big dress. A two piece (purchased as a pair) skirt and top combo. Bra, panties and pantyhose underneath 15 layers of male clothing so no one would know. I was simply putting things on. That was both because I was principally disgusted with myself as well as the way I acquired clothing back then. That compulsion lead to putting things on, self acceptance lead to wearing things. I could draw a similar distinction to wearing women’s clothing vs. dressing like a woman, maybe I will someday.

I had no idea what size anything I was. Since I am male, I assumed I should be an XL in woman’s clothing (even before my weight loss, that wasn’t the case). I also bought clothing in the quickest possible fashion, grabbing whatever, paying quickly and getting out of Dodge as soon as I could. I simply put things on me.

Now, I wear women’s clothing because in many ways, I am a woman. Things fit properly. They are part of a well thought through outfit. I am proudly female!

Now being who and what I am now for quite some time, I still have times when I put things on and when I do, they are never comfortable or simply don’t feel right. Frankly, I feel stupid afterward. I’ll use the bra as an example. When I wear a bra and by that I mean it is performing it’s intended function of supporting breasts (be they my own or my enhanced breasts), it is comfortable and I do not even think about the fact that I am wearing it. But when I try to put one on as myself, my physique is such that the bra is not doing anything supportive, it’s just there. As such, I am fully aware of it the entire time I am wearing it. I have had this experience with other articles of clothing when they are not being “worn” for their intended purpose, they are just “put on” to scratch an itch.

I guess this is an analogy for my life, I “put on” a front for most of my life and now I “wear” who and what I am proudly! I’m certainly not perfect and not open to all of the world, but I am open to much of the world and am very proud of myself for doing so.

Wear it ladies!

____________________________________________

Bonus Post: November 11, 2020 – Yeah, I am skipping ahead chronologically, but this outing isn’t worth a full post. On this day, I had an electrolysis appointment where only one other human being would see me. So no need to do much outfit-wise. On the way there, I stopped at yet another antique mall which I spied along the way. No real story. I went very simple and casual this day.

Not my greatest pictures, but I did get out this day.



from Kandi's Land https://kandis328772669.wordpress.com/2020/11/13/putting-things-on-vs-wearing-things/
via IFTTTSidor som bodycontact

No comments:

Post a Comment