Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Brave? Absolutely Not!

I have been told in many different forums that I am brave. Let me make one thing perfectly clear, I am by no means brave. Brave is running into a fire to save someone’s life. Brave is being a police officer, risking your life. Brave is protecting our country. Brave is becoming the person you are inside. Brave is coming out. Brave is donating an organ to save a life while you are still alive. Brave is not dressing comfortably and having fun doing so.

I wear a dress and go out in public. Usually doing so, I am in a happy place, a celebratory situation. By following my rules, I am never in any more danger than anyone else (I write this on the day after the senseless Virginia Beach shootings). [By the way, who bothers to submit their resignation before shooting the place up? We live in very strange times, indeed.] I do acknowledge that what I do is not the norm for many like myself. But I am simply living my life. This is a fairly riskless “hobby” of mine.

Really, stop and think about it, I am a human being wearing clothing. What on Earth is brave about that? I am simply a representative of those that choose to dress as I do. Nothing more, nothing less.

I appreciate the praise that I receive. I won’t lie, it pleases me greatly. Walking around, being positively noticed, it’s wonderful. That’s just human nature. But I certainly am not a brave person. I wish I were. I am persistent, I am sweet, I am kind, I am a hard worker, I am a survivor, I am athletic, not a bad writer if I must say so myself, I am a pretty good husband and father, I am deeply, deeply flawed, I am not perfect, I am a work-in-progress, I am impatient and I am a lot of very positive things. One thing I certainly am not is brave.

So to anyone who has complemented me, I thank you. But please don’t assign what I do any real importance. Just use what you learn here to find ways to express yourself in a means you find comfortable. I wish I could articulate how this all really just fell together for me, I rarely had that “okay, here we go” moment. It just evolved, happened. Wish I could explain it.



from Kandi's Land https://kandis328772669.wordpress.com/2019/06/18/brave-absolutely-not/
via IFTTTSidor som bodycontact

No comments:

Post a Comment