Wednesday, June 19, 2019

It’s Show Time or No Time

I simply cannot imagine a life as Kandi without volunteering. If this option were not available, Kandi would either be an alcoholic or she would not exist and I would be a fat, slob drunk. No question.

Many of my friends here dress at home. A perfectly wonderful way to be you. But for me, it simply is unfulfilling, doesn’t scratch that itch. I need that feedback, that affirmation, that love. It’s my heroin, no question.

Once I did all those things we all have done starting out, makeovers, photo shoots, group gatherings, I thought “now what?”. On a whim, I sent e-mails to Goodwill and The Salvation Army. A wonderful woman at SA called me, we talked, we met and I was sort of her assistant once a week for a few hours. Nothing fancy, making copies, updating spreadsheets, but I was treated like one of the ladies when I was there. Really cool.

Then I went to my first MIX party at the art museum and practically went broke, so I asked if I could volunteer. There I discovered my ability to interact with others and my attire either being a complete nonissue or a very positive thing. From there, I gobble up events as fast as I can find them. I love getting dressed, but the day or evening would be nothing without some type of human interaction, even chatting up a bartender over a glass of happy hour wine.

I certainly incorporate items of women’s clothing into my everyday life as much as is reasonably possible, but if I am going to go full Kandi, makeup, wig, etc., I need to get out and be seen. “This” is so many different things to each and every one of us and for me, this is what brings me the most joy and greatest satisfaction.

Please allow me a moment to thank those that commented yesterday. That may have been one of my most commented posts with comments from a few that had not commented before or very often checking in. And for that, I am thankful! I cannot stress enough that what motivates me is your feedback. That and that alone drives me to share my adventures and thoughts with you. Ladies, you honor me.



from Kandi's Land https://kandis328772669.wordpress.com/2019/06/19/its-show-time-or-no-time/
via IFTTTSidor som bodycontact

No comments:

Post a Comment