Friday, June 7, 2019

More Reasons Why I Do This

From Faye: I love that outfit. I can relate so well to your feelings of joy now that I am also enjoying volunteering at my local arts centre, and all because you inspired me to get out and enjoy being who I am and helping others. Thank you again Kandi.

Again from Faye: Today being Easter Sunday I will be attending church. I recently changed church for several reasons and have been welcomed so warmly as Faye. Yes we are indeed friends and though an ocean apart you have in spirit linked your arm with mine and shown me there is acceptance and love for women like us in many places.

From a friend I met in my early days: Whenever I get down about these gender issues, which is becoming fewer and far between, I head over to read a good word. You always brighten with your attitude. I come away feeling refreshed. Today, a coworker got on my nerves with some archaic comments about gender, what makes a man a man and a woman a woman, etc. made me rethink the whole thing, second guess myself and stressed me out. I went online looking for words of encouragement and found them on your blog.  [This was completely unexpected, out of the blue and such a very pleasant surprise.]

From Dee: I’m guessing that probably 75 to 90% of the visitors to this blog say to themselves, “if only.” Until 2 1/2 years ago, I was part of that large group, wishing to get out, but fearful of the repercussions. In my I own terms, I was afraid of the torches and pitchforks. Based on blogs like this (thanks Stana and Hannah) and from others on internet forums, I decided I would have three days out. And I found out Kandi’s #1 lesson, that people are unbelievably accepting, was absolutely true.

My nail tech, was accepting and jealous of what I planned to do on my girl days. The makeup artist at Sephora was fabulous and provided me the knowledge and products so I was able to do my own makeup (and a year later she asked me to help spread the word about the Sephora classes for transgender people). The sales angel at Nordstrom welcomed me with a full room of dresses and her full support and friendship (and told me I was welcome any time). The woman at the wig shop helped me find a new wig that I loved then and now.

I’ve gotten compliments (from men and women) and never ever a hassle. I assume I don’t pass (lessons two and three). I assume when people see me they see a man in a dress but they don’t know it’s me in the dress, and I just want to make sure it’s a pretty dress. So if you are reading this and thinking “if only”, the only way you are going to know the lessons above are true is by finding out for yourself. And just like Kandi, I am extremely glad I did.

To my cherished readers, a little heads up. Kandi activities will slow down a bit in June due to work and travel. The travel is centered around family and some concerts, all very good things. All above Kandi in my pecking order. So as not to have the blog get boring, anyone (beside Marie, as she has her bi-weekly Monday posts) want to write a post? Tell their story? It can be done anonymously. You don’t have to share a story, but maybe have an essay like I write on Wednesdays, you’d like to share. Maybe make a simple observation or refute something I have said. Help me out a bit here or you’ll be served leftovers and we all know we prefer a freshly prepared meal!



from Kandi's Land https://kandis328772669.wordpress.com/2019/06/07/more-reasons-why-i-do-this/
via IFTTTSidor som bodycontact

No comments:

Post a Comment