Monday, September 14, 2020

If It Makes You Happy, It Can’t Be That Bad

Thank you Sheryl Crow!

August 25, 2020 – This was a work day. It was also a work day with a lot of down time. So among other things I do to kill time, I went to one of the Goodwills on my route. I try now to only look for things that are special or unusual or way too cheap to not buy. I spent quite a bit of time working the racks, focused only on red tag items, 50% off. I found a few things, but always want that “one thing” to get me to make a purchase. I get to the skirt rack and it was like they knew I was coming. Long story short, many items were purchased (which you will see soon). The red skirt you will see soon was the impetus.

Then I went across the street to the Volunteers of America and it happened to be their 50% off the entire store day (the last Tuesday of every month). That spells trouble. Same rules and again and again the skirt rack got me going (the pink and brown skirt you will see soon was my motivation this time). Many more items were purchased (which you will see soon).

August 26, 2020 – A rainy day, effectively making anything I wanted to do difficult. Before we proceed, a little backstory. I won’t bore you with the details, but my father is playing out his final days or so it seems. It is days and weeks now, no longer months and years. He had been in the hospital with pneumonia for almost a week. I live the closest to my parents, my mother does not drive (never has). So I am effectively the UBER driver. I was told in the morning Dad would not be released until the next day. So I go about doing the thing that makes me happiest and also keeps me away from the bottle on a rainy day with nothing to do.

I had purchased seven items the previous day and decided to build a photo shoot around them. Over the course of about half an hour, I assembled seven different outfits. All from scratch, all basically knowing exactly which of my hundreds and hundreds of items would go perfectly with my newly purchased focal pieces. Next it was time for a full body shave, makeup and body prep. Finally, time to have some fun!

The phone rings (thank God my Mom could not see me at the time). Dad is now coming home this afternoon. I thought I still had a few hours. I was fully made up, so it was time to plow forward.

I shot seven different outfits, taking no more than 10 minutes between putting on the outfit and taking the photos and then removing everything for the next outfit. I knew I could get the shoot in, but wanted to get back to “normal” as soon as I could in case things changed again.

I took some shortcuts, no nail polish, same necklace, minimal jewelry. I wasn’t sure when I would have to take off to pick my father up. But every time I changed into a completely different outfit, I selected different earrings and did my hair a bit differently each time. It is now intuitive, I know exactly what in my inventory goes with what, what jewelry works perfectly and which shoes I need. It is like breathing, I just know.

Tomorrow you will now see the results of all of this joyfulness during difficult times. So here is the topper…..every item you will see me modeling from my purchases the day before cost less that $2 per item. Three tops and six skirts (actually seven, but one ended up being too tight as I could not sit in it….$2 wasted but I may be able to turn a consignment profit as it is a name label). Here we go……tomorrow!!

Supper Club #3 tonight!!

__________________________________________________________

Okay, I lied. Let’s take a look at the first outfit.

I will absolutely admit this skirt is way too short for this old gal, but I had to buy it! It is from Express and is an XS! The top was sitting in my dresser and I am thinking about getting this outfit out in public very soon.



from Kandi's Land https://kandis328772669.wordpress.com/2020/09/14/if-it-makes-you-happy-it-cant-be-that-bad/
via IFTTTSidor som bodycontact

No comments:

Post a Comment