Thursday, November 5, 2020

Rainy Day Out

October 21, 2020 – On this day, I had a list of things I wanted to do, looking forward to them. Play some pickleball in the morning, get in a short run to test the Achilles, finish an outdoor painting project. My wife was working late this evening, so I then planned to get dressed and run some errands.

Well, Mother Nature had different plans, so I had to call an audible. The day started with me dressed from the neck down in female workout attire, on the treadmill and stepper for almost an hour and a half at Planet Fitness. As far as I know, no one noticed or cared. No pictures of this, I don’t want to scare people.

My new acceptance of masks allowed me to go with a regular shave (not the close one I usually am tortured by), keeping my face in tact and cutting my prep time almost in half.

It rained for the bulk of my outing on this day. My first stop was a local Nike outlet store. I literally run through shoes so twice a year I need to restock. While looking at the clearance shoes, the young man working there said “Ma’am do you need any help?”. You know how that makes me feel! I picked up two pair of shoes in colors I could never find in my price range (shoes seem to be priced based on color, the brighter, the more expensive) for the cost of one pair on sale. Yeah me!!

Stop two, the bank to make a deposit.

Allow me to provide a little peak into my ongoing evolution as a bigendered person. I recently talked about this a bit, so forgive me for treading the same ground. For many years now, I have been a 24/7/365 panty girl. I own no male underwear. I wear them to the doctor, the gym (and the locker room), anywhere I am, all the time. Now please don’t think I parade around for all to see. At the doctor I would wear a simple pair of cotton briefs. In the locker room, always having a shirt on, you really can’t see anything, plus the rooms aren’t exactly packed. It can easily be managed and it’s no one’s business anyway. As such, I have an extensive collection.

I also have a rather large bra collection. As the weather has changed, allowing for multiple layers of clothing, I have decided to take an almost similar route and wear a bra as often as I possibly can without making it obvious. This means I have had to build two different bra collections, one for me and one for Kandi. Buying bras for Kandi is easy, for me, not so much. It’s a matter of trial and error as the bra needs to support my breast (I do have small ones) while lying flat underneath my clothing. Also, in this circumstance, I want no lift or extra padding. In the size I am seeking, that is difficult to find.

I have found going down two bra sizes with an A or B cup has worked well. But finding cups that lay flat has been a challenge. So I have recently gone on a buying binge at various Burlingtons (I simply won’t pay the retail prices for these bras) and have built a sizeable and suitable collection. I picked up a Warner, Maidenform and two Halston bras, just perfect, for probably 10% of retail.

So for stop three on this day, I had to return the bras that didn’t fit right or lay flat enough. I had three different returns and the cashier was wonderful as we went through all of it. I generally don’t go into what I wear underneath here on the blog, but for girls out there wondering how others scratch their itch, I think it’s important to share.

The next stop was the central point around which I built my day, a fabulous farmer’s market. I picked up two loaves of crack, I mean sourdough and pretzel bread as well as a few other things. My plan was to craft a meal for tomorrow around the breads and I decided on a gourmet grilled cheese meal.

The next stop was a vinyl record store, researching some ideas for a Christmas gift idea I have for our daughter.

I then stopped at another Burlington, found nothing and then filled up the tank at the gas station. My final stop was to pick up the elements for my meal plan. I knew what cheeses I already had at home, so I supplemented it with a few more different cheeses and some tomato soup. This should be a great meal, grilled cheese on pretzel bread with tomato slices, tomato soup and watermelon. Boy, I would make someone a great wife!! [The meal was awesome! I used a garlic olive oil on the bread instead of butter and got a great crust with fabulous grill marks.]

A brief comment on my outfit. Again, I went everyday woman. This recently purchased black thermal (worn now as both of me, particularly when running in cold weather, if I can ever run again), a great pair of Piece Unique 90% off black jeans (maybe $2.50), boots, a triple draping necklace, a lovely matching mask and my chartreuse vest and matching headband. I felt very “put together”.

So, the morale of the story. I went in and out of nine different places and no one attacked me, no one treated me anything but respectfully, no one batted an eye. This is real life. This is our world. Screwed up in many ways, wonderous in many others. I am always thrilled at the either nonreaction of others or the many positive interactions I receive.

Get out here ladies!!



from Kandi's Land https://kandis328772669.wordpress.com/2020/11/05/rainy-day-out/
via IFTTTSidor som bodycontact

No comments:

Post a Comment