Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Trying To Recreate Normalcy

I have reached out to Kandi’s pastor (different than mine, which is why I referred to him this way) and another local pastor whom I have a friendship with. Both churches are only live streaming. All I wanted to do is walk into the back of a church during the live stream, sit quietly, properly masked and observe. Then silently slip out the back door. But while both were kind beyond words, they didn’t really want to open up that can of worms, maybe having others want to do the same. So I turned to my actual church (not Kandi’s), the Catholic church, which seems to be the only one up and running, to feed my needs. Something to do dressed nicely, out in public, a Sunday morning activity and of course, giving me a place to worship.

October 25, 2020 – Allow me first to address two parts of my presentation this day. First of all, you can see I went back to my pre-COVID wig. This was done for a few reasons. While I will acknowledge I do, in fact, look better with long and lighter hair, maintaining long hair (a wig) remains difficult. Cold weather means static electricity. Wearing a jacket, in this case a wool jacket, creates a great deal of tangles. Tangles need to be combed out. Combing out a long wig pulls out hair and over time the wig gets beat up and thinned out. Since I am not made of money, I will wear the older wigs on short outings (like this one) and the longer ones when I am at an event or a Supper Club. I will also say, frankly, I am much more comfortable in this wig than the “better” looking ones and it’s not even close.

Also, I had a pesky cut on my chin from shaving. So with a little eyeliner, that obvious cut became a cute little mole. Improvise, ladies!

So let’s talk about my church outfit. Perfect for the occasion and circumstances. The center point of the outfit is this lovely Isaac Mizrahi wrap skirt. I love the grey turtleneck with it, triple draping necklaces, dark hose and my cute little bow shoes. I just picked up the earrings at Dillard’s as discussed in a recent post. Another day being out and never once thinking about the fact that I am dressed as I am (outside of the fact that I looked good). It was just a day, as it should be.

So here we are heading out the door, the first time I have been able to wear this overcoat I picked up at the end of last winter for almost nothing at a thrift.

This day was a short one, but a nice one. My first stop was a diner in an arcade downtown. A relatively small diner, but pretty crowded. I enjoyed my meal. But as always, no one paid me any particular attention. I do love breakfast and for me, there is little better than scrambled eggs, home fries and coffee. Oh yeah, and waitresses called me “honey” and “sweetie”, while that may be what they call everyone, I still enjoyed it!

After my meal, I masked up (I wore a disposable mask into the diner, but held it over my face to preserve my makeup since my face would be seen while eating). Once the mask went on for church, that was it for the day, it would be on until I got home.

Mass was nice, everyone all spread out, so human interaction was lacking, but I just want to be human, be part of a group of other humans, doing so safely. I NEED any human connection.

That was my morning, about three hours of time well spent. Yeah, it was a small percentage of what I used to be able to do, but it was a small slice of normalcy. I will continue to seek small slices of normalcy. I need small slices of normalcy.

A lovely morning, me being me, me looking nice, me seeing others, me being happy. Since I lost that weekly shift at the art museum, this will be my go to outing to ensure I get out in public at least once weekly. Not too bad for an old broad!

See the updated Supper Club page!



from Kandi's Land https://kandis328772669.wordpress.com/2020/11/10/trying-to-recreate-normalcy/
via IFTTTSidor som bodycontact

No comments:

Post a Comment