Sunday, May 19, 2019

Boston or Bust

As I recently mentioned, this morning I will be running the Cleveland Marathon. My goal is to qualify for the Boston Marathon next year. Don’t know if I would go, may not get invited (they have a limited number of slots, qualifying does not guarantee an invitation). But I want to qualify.

Last year, the Cleveland Marathon was one of the low points of the year. I was having a tremendous year competing. One week prior, I ruptured my Achilles, which ended up putting me on the shelf for three months. Two days prior I had an abscessed tooth, swelling my face. Four hours prior I was in the ER, seeking relief, and yet I still went to try and run. I looked like The Elephant Man. Fortunately, common sense took over and I went home, very disappointed.

Since then I have reworked my training routine and rededicated myself. I have worked considerably on my body and my legs. I am in the best shape of my life and am damn proud of my body. It took hours and hours, miles and miles, dedication to my training and my health. This work has paid off in keeping me healthy. It has paid off in my ability to continue to compete at a relatively high level. And of course, it has helped me look good in a dress, nice in a skirt and great in a pair of skinny jeans. But understand, I was by no means born this way, I worked my tail off and now it’s time to see what I can really do.

If I don’t make the cut now, I still have many opportunities to try and qualify.

I came into the weekend with two goals. One is to qualify for Boston, as discussed here. The second will remain private as it has been pointed out that when I get specific with run information, I open the door to anyone figuring my name, rank and serial number, so to speak. I will say that both goals were aggressive and so far, I got the first one. But that was the easier (not easy, just easier) of the two. As most of you read this, it will be nearing 80 degrees and I’ll be hours into my run.

Wish me luck!



from Kandi's Land https://kandis328772669.wordpress.com/2019/05/19/boston-or-bust/
via IFTTTSidor som bodycontact

No comments:

Post a Comment